This penthouse is one of the three masterpieces of Palais Varnhagen, the one with the best view and inspired by the historic city palace in the sense of 19th century “salon life”, it offers ample space for stylish gatherings on the 6th floor with 6-meter floor to ceiling windows and an impressive gallery.
The building was designed by David Chipperfield in 2014, and offers all aspects of contemporary and elegant housing in the heart of Germany‘s capital close to Brandenburg Gate, the famous Adlon Hotel and know luxury shopping department Galeries Lafayette.
A large lobby serviced by a concierge evo¬kes the flair of a traditional grand hotel, while the apartment is equipped with modern technology regarding safety and climate control. A lift allows direct access to the apartment, where a spacious living- and dining area allows for elaborate entertaining. The kitchen is hidden behind a set of sliding doors, painted by the artist Ilya Gaponov. The upper level features two bedrooms and ensuite bathrooms, one of them with a steam room and sauna. The apartment features lovely interior details, such as palisander veneer on the built-in furniture and walk-in closet to mention only a few.
This unique property is rounded off with a 60sqm on-top roof terrace with sweeping 360-degree view over the whole of Berlin.
At the beginning of the 19th century, “salon life” flourished in many bourgeois flats in European metropolises: people from different backgrounds met in “literary salons” to exchange ideas. In Berlin, Rahel Varnhagen’s evening parties, which took place at Französische Straße 20 until 1827, were particularly popular: Wilhelm von Humboldt, August Wilhelm Schlegel, Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia, the Mendelssohn family, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel and Heinrich Heine were among Rahel Varnhagen’s famous guests and admirers of her salons.
Just a few houses away, this history now lives on, where the salon idea finds a new stage with private soirées, house concerts and other receptions: the Palais Varnhagen.
Star architect David Chipperfield drew inspiration from the historic city palace for exclusive receptions and elegant dinner events at Palais Varnhagen. The salon flats and penthouses of the city palaces take up the advantages of upper-class flats in old buildings and focus on generosity and representation.
This exceptional penthouse has a multitude of highlights and luxurious features:
5-metre-high gallery windows in the living, kitchen and dining area
Special lighting concept for art collectors with light levels, LED based with calibrated light colours.
• Air conditioning in all rooms
• Safe and alarm system
• Mawa design lights
• Oak parquet flooring with walnut inlay
• Boffi kitchen with BORA, Gaggenau, Miele and Liebherr professional appliances
• Art paintings on the kitchen fronts by the artist Ilya Gaponov
• American walnut cabinets in the kitchen
• Triple glazed windows with UVA & UVB protection layer
• Sun blinds, programmable with sensor
• Electric linen curtains in dining area
• Spartherm fireplace with Roman travertine natural stone cladding
• Built-in wardrobes in cloakroom, living area and dressing room in certified rosewood
• Custom-made doors and frames in Art Deco style according to the style of the Berlin salons
• Gira light switch
• Roman travertine stone in bathrooms
• KLAFS sauna in the master bathroom
• Duravit ceramics and Dornbracht fittings
• Bronze door fittings
• Underground parking space with electric charging connection
The apartment is sold with the following built-in fixtures:
– Built-in furniture: € 280,000
– Fitted kitchen (incl. artwork): € 155,000
– Light and lighting system: € 30,000
– as well as – if desired – movable furniture on request
Concierge services included
• Answering and forwarding of telephone calls and messages
• Mail coordination
• Parcel service
• Cab calls and timetable information
• Coordination with technical management
• Coordination of craftsmen services
• International service, including event and leisure recommendations
• Information on tours and guided tours
• Restaurant recommendations
• Table reservations
• Car rental bookings
• Wake-up service
• Building and camera surveillance
• Access control
• Key management
• Management of the owner’s funds
Exclusive services of the concierge
• Doctor and medication service
• Car service – everything around your car
• Beauty and wellness
• Plant care
• Laundry service + sewing service / cobbler’s shop
• Office services
• Catering and event organization
• Shopping service / beverage procurement
• Bicycle rental
• Dog service
• Courier service
• Waste disposal
• Personal trainer
• Press service
• Theater / concert tickets
• Transport and moving service
The Palais Varnhagen in Berlin Mitte in Franzoesische Straße is quietly located in the side street of Friedrichstraße between Gendarmenmarkt, Brandenburg Gate and Unter den Linden. This district is home to numerous historically valuable and monument-protected buildings, noble boutiques, as well as the Galeries Layafette and restaurants of culinary note.
The district of Berlin Mitte is probably one of the most famous and diverse in Berlin and is characterised by the government quarter, the old city centre, many sights as well as huge parks and cultural facilities for every taste. Everything is in the immediate vicinity or can be reached on foot, by bicycle, by public transport or by car.
# the penthouse is offered with fitted kitchen, fitted wardrobes- & elements as well as some as recently as new named designer furniture.
# As real estate agents, we are obliged under § 2 Para. 1 No. 14 and § 11 Para. 1, 2 of the Money Laundering Act (GwG) to establish and verify the identity of both contracting parties (buyer and seller) when seriously initiating a real estate purchase contract. For this purpose, in the case of natural persons, it is necessary for us to record the relevant data from the identity card and make a copy in accordance with § 11 Para. 4 GwG. In the case of legal entities, we require a copy of the extract from the commercial register showing the beneficial owner. The GwG stipulates that the broker must keep the copies or documents for five years. As our contractual partner, you also have a duty to cooperate in accordance with Section 11 (6) GwG.
# We would like to point out that the property information, documents, etc. provided by us originate from the seller. We therefore cannot accept any liability for the completeness or
correctness of the information. We are happy to assist our clients in checking the accuracy of the property information and details contained therein.
correctness. All real estate offers are subject to change without notice and are subject to errors, prior sale or other and subject to change.